Vindaloo Pork Curry and Raita
Vindaloo comes from Portuguese words for garlic and vinegar or wine, so this curry is sharp and hot.
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1.2kg pork, cut into 3cm pieces * you can use chicken or beef if you prefer
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons Garnisha vindaloo curry paste (or 4 tablespoons of Herbies vindaloo curry mix)
- 2 cups water
- 185ml (3/4 cup) Greek yoghurt
- 1 lebanese cucumber, cut into .5mm diced pieces
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix raita ingredients and season to taste,Set aside or chill (this can be done up to 1 day ahead).
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Cook pork, in batches, until browned. Add more oil if needed. Remove to a plate.
- Add onion to saucepan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add curry paste. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes
- Return pork to saucepan with water. Simmer, covered, for 60 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Serve with basmati rice and the raita