Sweet Cous Cous, Orange & Pinenuts
(Serves 4 to 6)
Preparation Time 20 min
- 1 cup Wholemeal Cous Cous
- 11/2 tablespoons of The Spice Trading Company's Dreamy Carrot & Nutmeg Spice Blend
- 1 tablespoon Sultanas
- 1 1/4 cup boiling water
- Ghee or Olive Oil
- 1/2 Red Capsicum
- 1/2 Green Capsicum
- 1/2 Yellow Capsicum
- 2 small Oranges
- 100 gms Pinenuts
- In a large bowl combine cous cous with Dreamy Carrot Spice Blend and Sultanas. Stir in the boiling water and cover. Stand 6 minutes and fluff with a fork.
- In a saucepan heat 1 tablespoon of ghee or olive oil and when heated add the pinenuts. Then add the 3 x capsicums diced and cook until slightly softened.
- Dice one peeled orange.
- Stir the sauce mix into the cous cous and then lightly toss through the orange pieces or leave on top.
- Squeeze orange juice on top to taste.
- Great for kids as a meal or used as a salad as a side dish
- Great as a curry accompaniment
Adapted from The Spice Trading Company recipe
Share this post
← Older Post
Newer Post →