- 2 medium brown onions, chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped 1 tablespoon Sultanas
- 1 cup water
- 1 kilogram of diced trim lamb
- Ghee or Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Herbies Korma Curry spice blend
- 6 tablespoons of ground almonds
- 2 cups of natural plain yoghurt
- ¼ teaspoon of saffron threads (can be omitted as add colour only)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- If you are using saffron, soak it in a tablespoon of warm water.
- In an oven proof pan (which has a lid), cook onions and garlic in the olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Stir in the spices, the ground almonds and the cup of water.
- Cook mixture for a minute or two and then add the meat.
- Stir until meat is coated in the spice, almond and onion mixture.
- Add yoghurt (and the saffron and the liquid it is in, if you are using it).
- Stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, place in a 100 degree C oven and cook covered for 1-2 hours until meat is tender.
- Return dish to stove top and simmer uncovered to reduce the liquid to your taste. I like my curry sauce to be thicker.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves over curry just before serving.
- A mild aromatic curry that all the family will enjoy
- Serve with rice and Garnisha Mango Chutney or Lime Pickle
- Halve quantities of all ingredients to make a meal just for 2 people
Adapted from The Herbies Spices recipe