Preparation Time 20 min
Cooking Time 15 min
Total Time 35 min
Serves 4 to 6
- 40 grams (1/2 Packet) of Saucy Spice Chicken/Seafood Laksa Spices
- 600 gm chicken (cut into bite size pieces) or (If making seafood laksa) 2 pieces of white fish and 2 cups of green prawns or mixed seafood.
- 1 Litre chicken stock (Salt Skip or Stock Merchant)
- 2 x 440ml cans of coconut milk
- 1 bunch spring onions (sliced)
- 200 gm tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 4 tbsp peanut oil
- 200 gms mung bean sprouts (optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 220gms thin rice noodles
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat oil in pan and cook spring onions.
- Add laksa spices and cook for 2 minutes
- Add chicken pieces (or seafood) and chicken stock. Simmer for about 10 mins or until chicken (or seafood) is cooked.
- Add coconut milk, lemon juice, brown sugar, tofu and return to simmer
- Add mung beans 5 mins before serving.
- Heat/cook rice noodles as per instructions on packet
- Add noodles and chopped coriander to laksa just before serving
Adapted from Saucy Spicy recipe