Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time:, 40 minutes on stove top
500g beef mince
420g can of low sodium concentrated tomato soup or equivalent in passata
1/2 cup long grain rice or any rice really
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Pinch of mixed herbs
1 brown onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups water
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp salt reduced tomato paste
1. Place soup or passata and water in pressure cooker or a deep casserole dish (with lid)
2. Combine mince, garlic, herbs, egg, tomato paste and rice in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
3. Using 1 generous tablespoon of the meat mixture, roll mixture into compact balls.
4. Add meatballs to the soup and water mixture. Just one layer of the meatballs.
5. Bring to boil, then cover and lower heat to simmer for 45 minutes
6. Great served with mashed potato and green beans.
Can also be cooked more quickly in a pressure cooker or in the oven in a casserole dish.