Chicken and Orange Salad
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
1. 1 chicken breast - cooked and sliced
2. 2 tbsp orange marmalade
3. 1 orange, 1/2 orange juiced and !/2 cut into segments
4. 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
5. 2 tbsp thickened cream
6. Watercress (or mixed lettuce)
7. 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
8. 150 g low salt corn kernels
9. A few toasted almonds or almond slivers (optional)
1. Boil marmalade, juice and vinegar for 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
2. Allow to cool and add cream and pour over cooked chicken
3. Combine chicken, corn, salad leaves, onion and orange segments in a large serving bowl.
4. Garnish with slices of the remainder of the orange, toasted almonds
Adapted from Gabrielle Bluett's booklet '50 easy Low Salt Recipes'